Welcome to the Canterbury Rogaine Series
The Further Faster Canterbury Summer Rogaine Series returns in January 2019!
****Update - Provisional Results out now for Huntsbury 1hr, 2hr****
Anybody that has a moderate level of fitness can participate. A high level of navigation ability is not required. Teams travel at their own pace and anyone from children to grandparents can experience the personal satisfaction that comes from cross-country navigation at their own level of competition and comfort. Team members stay within earshot of each other.
The best thing about rogaining is the social aspect. Everyone starts at the same time, and generally finishes at the same time, it is just the amount of ground that has been covered by teams that differs. Rogaining can be held in city environments or in farmland and bush, and you get to visit parts of the country you never knew existed.
Kids and families are welcome to come and have a fun time.
Don’t miss it, bring your friends!
Dates & Locations:
- Wednesday, 16 January 2019 – Huntsbury Hill
- Wednesday, 23 January 2019 – Horotane Valley
- Wednesday, 30 January 2019 – Mt Vernon
- Wednesday, 6 February 2019 - Corsair Bay (Foot and Kayak, or Swim Rogaine) - New!
- The Huntsbury Hill event starts from the top of Huntsbury Avenue. Registration is here
- The Horotane Valley Event starts at 49 Horotane Valley Road. Registration is here
- The Mt Vernon Event is starting at the Mt Vernon Valley Car Park. Registration is here
- The Corsair Bay Event is starting from the waterfront at Corsair bay. Registration is here
Time: Registration from 5:00pm, Start from 6:00pm (last start 6:30pm), Finish from 7:00pm (1hr) and 8:00pm (2hr). The Corsair Bay event will start at 10:00am.
Scoring: The event will use Navlight electronic scoring. Teams are encouraged to pre-enter for quicker registration and to guarantee a map. Online entries are open now: Click this link to enter
Terrain: Exciting forest and hills. Course design by New Zealand Championship winner Tim Farrant.
Adults - $20
Junior/Student - $10
Under 12 - Free (must run with an over 20)
Responsibilities: Team members need to be aware that they will be participating at their own risk, and that the landowners and organisers accept no responsibility for accidents or injuries that occur.
Results: Results will be posted at rogaine-results.com after each event. Feeling inspired? Check out last years results here: Horotane - 2hr & 1hr; Bowenvale - 2hr & 1hr; Sumner - 2hr & 1hr
Join us on Facebook for regular event updates: